- Mother Gothel
- The Prince
- Rapunzel’s parents
- There lived a young couple, a man and his wife.
- She banished Rapunzel to the desert.
- She threw the prince from the tower into a thorny bush.
- He spied and ,by watching Mother Gothel, learned the words he had to say to have Rapunzel drop her hair.
- When she reached puberty, she was locked in a tower so that she would never leave Mother Gothel.
- It could only be entered by climbing on Rapunzel’s long hair.
- To cheer herself up, she loved to sing.
- She asked the prince to bring her a skein of silk each time he visited her.
- Mother Gothel forced the couple to give their first baby to her.
- She was a witch.
- The baby was a girl.
- Rapunzel grew to be a beautiful young girl with her long golden hair.
- He heard Rapunzel’s beautiful voice.
- He decided that he must meet her.
- She even intended to steal it herself, but later on, she sent her husband to steal it.
- His wife was expecting their baby.
- later on
- at first
- A long time ago
- A few months later
- One day
- was born (passive voice)
- was taken away (passive voice)
- was cared for (passive voice)
- was locked (passive voice)
- were healed (passive voice)